ID Card Hours
Please call 315-366-2406 to confirm availability.
- Monday through Friday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- 1st Sheriff's ID Card: $15
- ID Card Replacement(s): $20
- ID Card for Person With Disability: $5
- Senior Citizen ID Card: $5
You must be a resident of Madison County and have the following documentation:
- Original Birth Certificate or a certified copy of the Birth Certificate
- If you are using a married name you must also provide original or certified copy of your Marriage License
- Social Security card (must be actual card, a copy is not acceptable) or Social Security number print-out from Social Security Office, stamped and signed
- Photo ID or two (2) of the following:
- Green Card
- Health Insurance Card
- I-94 Form
- Medicaid or DSS Card
- Military Discharge Papers (DD214)
- Naturalization Certificate
- Payroll Stub
- Temporary Driver's License
- Utility bill, Hospital bill or Doctor bill
- Proof of Address - proof consists of any U.S. mail with the applicant's name and street address and a postmark dated within 30 days of application (Accepted: Phone, cable and utility bills.)
- P.O. Box numbers are not acceptable as street addresses, unless you present proof that you actually live in a P.O. Box.
Note: Photocopies of any documentation will not be accepted.
Under Aged ID
If you are less than 18 years old, you must be accompanied by a parent who has a photo ID and proof of address or a legal guardian with photo ID, court documentation of guardianship and proof of address.
Warning: Making false statements is punishable as a Class A Misdemeanor, pursuant to Section 210.45 of the New York State Penal Law.
Ink fingerprinting is available by calling 315-366-2311 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. You must bring the print cards supplied to your by the requesting agency (employer, liquor license, adoption). The fee is $6 per print card.