Request a Ballot
Apply for an Early Mail Ballot
Who May Apply for an Early Mail Ballot:
Any registered voter may apply for an early mail ballot. Each person must apply for themselves. It is a felony to make a false statement in an application for an early mail ballot, to attempt to cast an illegal ballot, or to help anyone to cast an illegal ballot.
How to Apply for an Early Mail Ballot:
You may apply for an early mail ballot in any of the following ways:
- Apply online: Early Mail Ballot Request Application Portal
- By going in-person to your local Board of Elections
- By designating another person to deliver your application in-person to your local county board of elections and receive your ballot.
- You can download a PDF version of the New York State Early Mail Ballot Application Form using this link:
- When is it Due?
Applications requesting to receive an early mail ballot must be received by the board of elections in your county no later than ten days before the election. For early mail ballots to be received in-person, applications must be received by your board no later than the day before the election.
Apply for an Absentee Ballot
Who May Apply for an Absentee Ballot
To be eligible for an absentee ballot - you must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Absent from your county on Election Day.
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability or because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
How to Vote by Absentee Ballot - 3 Options
- You may apply using the online Absentee Ballot Application portal https://absenteeballot.elections.ny.gov/
- Download the NYS Absentee Application and mail to our office address listed below.
- Contact Madison County Board of Elections at email@example.com or (315)-366-2231 for an application to be mailed or emailed to you.
- In Person Absentee Application must be personally delivered to your county board of elections not later than the day before the election.
By Mail - Absentee Applications must be received by your county board of elections on October 23, 2023 (no later than the 15th day before the election).
- Upon completion applications must be mailed to:
- Madison County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 666
Wampsville NY 13163
- The Absentee ballot itself must be personally delivered to your county board of elections or any Madison County poll site no later than close of polls on election day, or postmarked by a governmental postal service not later than the day of the election and received no later than November 14th, 2023 (7 days after the election).