Here is a listing of websites you may find useful.
- Business Permit Assistance - "The NY Business Express application is a one-stop shop for business services, containing licensing information to guide citizens to navigate agencies and multiple licenses to opening and operating businesses in NYS."
- Business Taxpayer Page - forms and instructions, filing information.
- Immigration and Naturalization - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website provides information regarding applying for U.S. citizenship through naturalization, applying for green cards, working in the US, etc.
- Notary Public - Information regarding registration requirements, fees, exam schedules and frequently asked questions can be found at this NYS Department of State Division of Licensing Services site.
- NYS Department of State Division of Corporations - "The Division examines, files, and maintains numerous documents vital to business and state government including state and local laws, oaths of office, trademarks, certificates of incorporation, and Uniform Commercial Code Article 9 financing statements. The Division is also responsible for the authentication of public documents for use in other countries."
- NYS Department of State Division of Licensing - information regarding the types of occupations that are licensed and/or registered, how to obtain licensing, etc.
- The NY License Center - "...the state's official licensing portal where New Yorkers can apply for and manage their New York State professional, occupational, and recreational licenses."
- Real Property Transfer Report (RP 5217) Fill-in PDF - This link will redirect you to the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance website where you can download the RP 5217 form.
- USDA Rural Development Office - The USDA Rural Development Office has a number of loan and grant funds available to low income families and individuals. Their office is "committed to helping improve the economy and quality of life in rural America." The local area specialist is:
9025 River Road
Marcy, NY 13403
- Vital Statistics (Birth / Death / Marriage Records) in NY - records can be obtained through the NYS Department of Health Vital Records section.
- Vital Statistics (Birth / Death / Marriage Records) outside of NY - state-by-state listing where to write for records provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.