- Use the Business Directory – Next time you’re going out to find a new outfit or need some home repair work done check the Buy Madison Business Directory first. We have great businesses here, let’s help them thrive!
- Ask the local businesses you frequent to join – Got a favorite local business? Ask them to join the Business Directory and be part of the Buy Madison Campaign. Buy Madison posters, stickers, and other promotional goods are available FREE to businesses.
- ‘Like’ the Buy Madison Facebook page – This is the best way to stay informed about Buy Madison events and promotions. We also share posts from local businesses-so when it comes to something local, you’ll be one of the first to know. www.facebook.com/CalculatetheAdvantage
- Share with family and friends at www.BuyMadisonNY.com. Help spread the word by sharing the Buy Madison website and Facebook with family and friends. We can keep more money and more jobs here, one person at a time!
- Come to a First Wednesday event - Join us for a fun night out at a local business every first Wednesday of the month! First Wednesday rotates to a different business every month so it is never the same twice! Join us – demonstrations, extended hours, specials, samples, and more! The craftsmanship and talent of our unique local businesses will amaze you! Go to the First Wednesday page to see the upcoming events!
- Get Rewards with the Buy Madison Debit Card – Buy Madison has teamed up with Oneida Savings Bank to produce a Buy Madison debit card. This card is meant to remind customers each time they use it to keep as many purchases as possible here in Madison County. Local businesses are also offering special promotions and discounts to customers that use this card. Check the Business Directory for available promotions and discounts. The Buy Madison Debit Card works just like a regular debit card only you get rewarded when you buy in Madison County. Buy Madison Debit Cards available at Oneida Savings Bank.
Great ideas for buying gifts locally
It’s easier than you think and doesn’t keep adding to closets/toy
chest/ attics/ basements full of never--‐used cheaply made items.
- Gift certificate to a LOCAL restaurant, pub or cafe
- Tickets to a local theater, stage, concert
- Tickets to local sporting event
- Punchcard or gift certificate to a personal trainer, local gym, rec center, yoga studio
- Local Farm products – cheese, meat, vegetables, wine, beer, etc.
- Local zoo season’s pass
- Bowling passes
- Mini golf passes
- Local museum events/passes
- A massage gift certificate
Hair cut/style Gift certificate
- Nail Salon gift certificate
- Ice Cream/Hot dog stand certificates
- Housecleaning, Landscaping services
- A bicycle tune--‐up
- Car washes/detailing services
- Teeth whitening
- Local winery tour passes or Local wine/beer gifts
- Child care
- Lessons to learn a new skill (see list at bottom)
- Bed and Breakfast Gift Certificates
- Donating in recipient's name to one of their favorite local non--‐profits
- Online subscription to local newspaper or magazine
- Credit for a class(see below) at a local community venue
- Family session with a local photographer
Classes to Consider as Gifts
- Computer Skills
- Foreign Language
- Musical Instrument
- Pottery, Knitting, Painting And Other Arts
- Any Outdoor Skills
- Photography Or Video Production
- Sports lessons: Gymnastics, tennis, horseback riding, Skiing, Ice Skating lessons, archery