Making Changes to Your Pistol Permit

All changes/modifications to your pistol permit are accomplished by visiting the Madison County Sheriff's Pistol Permit Office and completing an amendment.

Pistol Permit Amendments:

All amendments to your permit must be made in person to the Madison County Sheriff's Pistol Permit Office. Any requests made directly to the County Court will not be honored or acted upon. These include, requests to add rifle permission, adding or removing weapons from your permit, address changes, moving to another county or surrendering your permit.

If you are requesting an amendment to allow for carry while at work, your employer or other authorized person to make said decision must complete the letter requesting authorization to carry at work (PDF) which needs to be notarized. This is the only version of a letter for carry at employment that will be allowed.

A fee applies for all amendments.