Let's Party like it's 1909!
Saturday, May 25, 2019
1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
138 N. Court St.
Wampsville, NY 13163
Fireworks, Food, Vendors, Bands and much much more!
Timeline of events
- 11:00 AM - Memorial Day Ceremony
- 1:00 PM - Open House for Courthouse (public can view the inside of the courthouse)
- 2:00 PM - Guided tours of the Courthouse begin, vendors and crafters, food opens, bounce houses open, and Dirtroad Ruckus takes the stage.
- 3:30 PM - Showtime: The band takes the stage
- 5:00 PM - Sydney Irving takes the stage
- 6:00 PM - Ribbon Cutting ceremony for the Courthouse
- 7:00 PM - Fort Drum 10th Mountain Division Band
- 9:00 PM - Fireworks
- Madison County is hosting a Field Days/ Ribbon Cutting to commemorate the opening of the newly renovated Madison County Courthouse. The event is free to the public. The County is looking for crafters and vendors from Madison County to be part of the event (no direct sales consultants permitted).
- Applications can be found here.
Guided Tours of the Courthouse
- Reenactors will portray historic figures from Madison County and take you on a guided tour of the old and new parts of the Courthouse.
- First Judge Peter Smith: the first appointed judge in the county to talk about early court history.
- Judge Michael Kiley: was serving as a County Judge and surrogate when the courthouse was moved from Morrisville to Wampsville.
- James A Loyster: was a very interesting citizen, who also just happened to be the Town Supervisor, Chairman of the Building Committee of the Courthouse and also designed the jail cell locks when it could not be determined who was responsible to do that during construction.
- Hamilton B Peckham: the Inspector in Charge for the building of the courthouse.
- Mary L Webber: served in the County Clerk’s Office for over 35 years, 32 of those years as the Deputy County Clerk.
- Sign up for a tour time here (sign ups coming soon).
- No open containers
- No outside alcohol
- No glass containers
- No weapons
- No smoking (Madison County campus is tobacco free)
- You are allowed to bring in strollers, blankets, and coolers
- Pets must be on a leash, please clean up after your pet
- No littering, please use trash and recycling cans that are provided