Never put sharps in the recycling bins!
Proper disposal of medical syringes at home can prevent injury, illness and pollution. Madison County's Safe Syringe Disposal Program makes syringe disposal easy and safe by providing special plastic containers for used medical syringes.
Bio-hazard sharps containers are FREE at any of our transfer stations.
How to use your red container:
- Do NOT cap, remove or bend needles
- Drop used syringe, with needle pointing down, into container
- Do NOT overfill the container
- Keep the container out of reach of children
- Once full, secure lid and tape shut.
- Drop off your full container at any of the following locations:
Crouse Community Center
101 South Street, Morrisville
Community Memorial Hospital
Building Service Office
150 Broad St, Hamilton
Oneida Health Care Center
Classroom A, 1st floor
Route 5, Genesee St., Oneida
The Grand at Chittenango
331 Russell St., Chittenango
Call for hours and days of operation.
OR drop off your filled sharps container at any of our transfer stations:
Buyea Road Residential Station
Cazenovia Transfer Station
Hamilton Transfer Station
Sullivan Transfer Station