Healthy Workforce Trainings and Events
RECENT LOCAL EVENT
October 4, 2023 CNY Healthy Workforce Business Conference in Hamilton, NY
- NIOSH Total Worker Health® Webinar Series. 90-minute on-demand webinars.
Recognizing the complex, often interlinked hazards affecting the health, safety, and well-being of today’s workforce, these free webinar series are aimed at providing the latest research and case studies for protecting the safety and health of workers everywhere.
Click here for more information
- Health Links™ Webinar Series. 60-minute webinar sessions; held monthly live and available on-demand.
Learn practical skills from experts. Topics covered include leadership, employee engagement, health promotion, safety, and evaluation. Participants are eligible to claim SHRM credit.
Click here for more information
- eLearning Modules – SAIF Leaderships Series. Training is available through the SAIF Leadership Series, designed to help leaders at all levels learn the building blocks that support safety culture and boost employee involvement. The modules on supportive supervision include downloadable materials and a way to track supportive behaviors.
- The National Volunteer Fire Council Toolkit. The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC), in partnership with the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Firefighter Behavioral Health Alliance, launched the Psychologically Healthy Fire Departments (PHFD) initiative to support firefighters and EMS providers and create healthy, successful departments. A new implementation toolkit is now available to help fire department leaders promote and foster well-being among their members. Click here for more information
- NIOSH Worker Well-Being Questionnaire (WellBQ). NIOSH recently announced a new resource designed to measure worker well-being. The NIOSH Worker Well-Being Questionnaire (WellBQ) is a freely available survey instrument that provides an integrated assessment of worker well-being across multiple spheres. Visit the NIOSH website for more information. Note: Minor edits were made to WellBQ in late May, so if you previously downloaded the questionnaire make sure to get the latest version. You can find the instrument by clicking “Access the NIOSH WellBQ” on the webpage.
- Prescription Opioid and Benzodiazepine Medications and Occupational Safety and Health: Information for Employers and Healthcare Providers. A new fact sheet summarizes findings from the scientific literature and provides information from relevant CDC and NIOSH publications for employers and healthcare providers about the prescription use of opioids and benzodiazepines.
PAST EVENTS AND TRAININGS IN MADISON COUNTY
Watch the Healthy Workforce Conference Opening Keynote Address by Jack T. Dennerlein, PhD
- Your Ideal-the Wholebeing Approach (PDF)
- Leadership and Mental Health
Total Worker Health® (PDF)
- Nutrition at Work, Home and Inbetween (PDF)
- Occupational Stress: Considerations and Comprehensive Prevention (PDF)
- How to Bring Positivity and Morale to the Workplace through Mindfulness, Meditation and Yoga (PDF)
- Sedentary Work and the Paradox of Occupational Physical Activity (PDF)
- Workplace Safety Issues (PDF)
- Workplace Safety and Preparedness
Updated August 2, 2023
Disclaimer: Total Worker Health® is a registered trademark of the U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Participation by Madison County Health Department does not imply endorsement by HHS, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.