Healthy Workforce Trainings and Events
- NIOSH Total Worker Health® Webinar Series. 90-minute on-demand webinars.
Recognizing the complex, often interlinked hazards affecting the health, safety, and well-being of today’s workforce, these free webinar series are aimed at providing the latest research and case studies for protecting the safety and health of workers everywhere.
Click here for more information
- Health Links™ Webinar Series. 60-minute webinar sessions; held monthly live and available on-demand.
Learn practical skills from experts. Topics covered include leadership, employee engagement, health promotion, safety, and evaluation. Participants are eligible to claim SHRM credit.
Click here for more information
- eLearning Modules – SAIF Leaderships Series. Training is available through the SAIF Leadership Series, designed to help leaders at all levels learn the building blocks that support safety culture and boost employee involvement. The modules on supportive supervision include downloadable materials and a way to track supportive behaviors.
- Health Work Campaign Free Live Webinar: March 2, 2022 at 1-2pm - click here to register
In this free, 60 minute, live Webinar, you will hear from experts on work-related stressors, Dr. Marnie Dobson and Dr. Pouran Faghri, about how organizations can use the online Healthy Work Survey, developed by the Healthy Work Campaign. It is a free tool that allows your organization to identify sources of stress at work (work stressors) that can and do affect health and productivity outcomes including self-reported mental and physical health, burnout, and sick leave.
You will learn how the HWS can lead to solutions for your organization based on the challenges and stressors identified in the survey. Additional tools and strategies can guide you in working with employees to develop ideas for reducing work stressors and actions you can take to improve the culture and health of your organization.
- The National Volunteer Fire Council Toolkit. The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC), in partnership with the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Firefighter Behavioral Health Alliance, launched the Psychologically Healthy Fire Departments (PHFD) initiative to support firefighters and EMS providers and create healthy, successful departments. A new implementation toolkit is now available to help fire department leaders promote and foster well-being among their members. Click here for more information
- NIOSH Worker Well-Being Questionnaire (WellBQ). NIOSH recently announced a new resource designed to measure worker well-being. The NIOSH Worker Well-Being Questionnaire (WellBQ) is a freely available survey instrument that provides an integrated assessment of worker well-being across multiple spheres. Visit the NIOSH website for more information. Note: Minor edits were made to WellBQ in late May, so if you previously downloaded the questionnaire make sure to get the latest version. You can find the instrument by clicking “Access the NIOSH WellBQ” on the webpage.
- Prescription Opioid and Benzodiazepine Medications and Occupational Safety and Health: Information for Employers and Healthcare Providers. A new fact sheet summarizes findings from the scientific literature and provides information from relevant CDC and NIOSH publications for employers and healthcare providers about the prescription use of opioids and benzodiazepines.
PAST EVENTS AND TRAININGS IN MADISON COUNTY
Watch the Healthy Workforce Conference Opening Keynote Address by Jack T. Dennerlein, PhD
- Your Ideal-the Wholebeing Approach (PDF)
- Leadership and Mental Health
Total Worker Health® (PDF)
- Nutrition at Work, Home and Inbetween (PDF)
- Occupational Stress: Considerations and Comprehensive Prevention (PDF)
- How to Bring Positivity and Morale to the Workplace through Mindfulness, Meditation and Yoga (PDF)
- Sedentary Work and the Paradox of Occupational Physical Activity (PDF)
- Workplace Safety Issues (PDF)
- Workplace Safety and Preparedness
Engaging Businesses in Health and Economic Prosperity for Vibrant Communities: An Event for Learning and Action, a meeting of leaders in business, healthcare, and public health to discuss what insights are being generated about the role and potential of business to act as a leader or collaborator in health improvement efforts from around the country. View the meeting agenda, videos from the day, and meeting resources.
Disclaimer: Total Worker Health® is a registered trademark of the U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Participation by Madison County Health Department does not imply endorsement by HHS, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.