- Departments A-L
- Health Department
- Health Information
- Health Topics A-E
- Assistance and Resources for Individuals and Families
Assistance and Resources for Individuals and Families
Are you in need of services? NYS has a site to assist New Yorkers in locating appropriate services with one streamlined web application.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
To apply for SNAP benefits in Madison County, submit a hard-copy application by printing the SNAP Application/Recertification form.
You may also submit an online application on My Benefits website. You can now upload required documents using NYDocSubmit.
Medicaid and Health Insurance Information
For information regarding income and resource guidelines for medical assistance programs, visit the My Benefits website.
Most families and individuals must apply for health insurance (including Medicaid) through the New York State of Health program (also called the Health Exchange). Apply online or by phone at 1-855-355-5777 (Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM, Saturday, 9 AM to 1 PM).
COVID-19 Medicaid Coverage and Information
- COVID-19 Local Department of Social Services factsheet
- New York State of Health Insurance Options during the Coronavirus Emergency factsheet
- NY State of Health Insurance Changes During the Coronavirus Emergency factsheet
- Medicaid Telehealth Services During the Coronavirus Emergency factsheet
Take Care of your Mental Health
Madison County Mental Health Department
- Visit the Madison County Mental Health Department resource page
Disaster Distress Helpline
- Call 1-800-985-5990
- Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Visit the website: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Call 1-800-799-7233 or TTY 1-800-787-3224
- Visit the website: https://www.thehotline.org/
COVID-19 Rent Relief Program
The NYS COVID Rent Relief Program will provide eligible households with a one-time rental subsidy that will be sent directly to the household’s landlord. Applicants will not need to repay this assistance. Please visit their website to see if you qualify.
The HMO Workforce Program is continuing to serve our customers and job seekers in a virtual setting.
Click here to request virtual services
Please visit the Department of Labor website for more information, eligibility requirements, and how to file your claim.
COVID-19 Disability Form
Click here to complete the COVID-19 Disability Form.
Paycheck Protection Program
One of the relief opportunities offered by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) Act includes the Paycheck Protection Program. This program is a Small Business Administration (SBA) loan designed to help organizations, including community behavioral health providers that receive Medicaid funding, keep their workforce employed during the COVID-19 crisis.
The SBA has resumed accepting Paycheck Protection Program applications from participating lenders as of Monday, April 27, 2020.
For more information and resources regarding the Payroll Protection Program, click the links below:
- About the Paycheck Protection Program, eligibility, and loan details
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Paycheck Protection Program
- Paycheck Protection Program Interim Final Rule