Updated May 20, 2020
2019 Novel (New) Coronavirus
The 2019 Novel (New) Coronavirus is a virus that causes a disease called COVID-19.The virus is spread person-to-person, either in close contact (within about 6 feet) or through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person talks, coughs, or sneezes. People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. These symptoms or a combination of these symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus:
Older adults (60 years and older) and people of all ages with underlying medical conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, and weakened immune system. Pregnant women have had a higher risk of severe illness when infected with viruses similar to COVID-19 and may be more vulnerable.
- Only campsites leased by one family group for the entire camping season may be occupied.
- Only self-contained recreational vehicles with bathroom facilities inside, potable water, and a sewer connection or an operator-run sewage scavenger service may be occupied.
- No tent camping allowed.
- All common areas must remain closed, including bathhouses, laundry facilities, community rooms, pools, dining areas, communal campfire pits, etc.
- Only registered campers are allowed into the campground. No outside visitors are allowed into the
- All campers must be provided with Madison County Health Department COVID-19 educational materials at check-in.
- Campers must maintain a safe social distance of at least 6 feet from others and shall not congregate at another camper’s campsite. Cloth face coverings should be used if you are unable to maintain social distancing.
- All campers should be advised that if they come down with symptoms during this time such as a dry cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, they should contact their primary care physician or the local hospital for further guidance.
New York State, Executive Orders: https://www.governor.ny.gov/executiveorders
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): https://www.madisoncounty.ny.gov/2479/Coronavirus-COVID-19
Madison County COVID-19 Non-Medical Hotline: (315) 366-2770 (Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM)