Child Care Assistance
Important Child Care Assistance Information
There is no child care waiting list at this time. However, if lack of funding becomes an issue, applicants will be placed on a waiting list in the order of their application date. As funding becomes available, the applicants with the earliest application dates will be contacted to reapply.
Child Care Complaint Line
If you want to make a complaint against a child day care program, you may do so by calling 800-732-5207. This line operates Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
Child Abuse Hotline
Information regarding child abuse or maltreatment should be directed to the State Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment at 800-342-3720. This line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
New York State Child Care Subsidy program assists families by removing a barrier to working, encouraging personal responsibility, and empowering individuals to make informed child care decisions.
How to Apply for Day Care Assistance
- To apply, you may:
- Call the agency at 315-366-2211 and ask for a day care packet or download the application packet here Application How to complete application
- Come into the agency at 133 North Court St., Wampsville, NY and complete a day care questionnaire and be given a day care packet.
- Check list to apply
- Reminder to Report Change & Day Care Policy
- The packet must be completed and returned to the agency by mail, PO Box 637, Wampsville, NY 13163, email Madison County Child Care Assistance or fax 315-366-2631 .
- The date effective is the date the packet including application is received at the agency.
Who Are the Providers?
- Informal - friend, neighbor, or relative who is enrolled with an enrollment agency
- State Licensed - day care center, group/family day care
Is There a Family Share to Pay?
- All families have a share of their child care cost based on the family size and household income.
Transitional Child Care Benefits
- Any household eligible for child care benefits while receiving Temporary Assistance would be eligible for transitional child care assistance for one year, if they are otherwise eligible.
- Income Eligibility Guidelines
- If there is an absent parent, we encourage the active pursuit of child support
How do I Become a Day Care Provider?
- To be come a licensed day care provider or enroll with an enrollment agency, visit Cornell Cooperative Extension Childcare Website.
Resources for Legally-Exempt Child Care Providers Regarding the Comprehensive Background Checks