Department of Motor Vehicles

Please visit your local DMV office in Wampsville. Whether in person or by mail 12.7% of every transaction stays in Madison County. Your patronage helps keep property taxes down.

When stopping in please remember to bring with you a photo ID (drivers license or other acceptable ID), date of birth, and vehicle license number. If you have questions about what identification to bring with you, please call us at 315 366-2251. You may also find forms and other useful information at the NYS DMV website.

Our DMV clerks look forward to assisting you with testing, licensing and registration, and your other motor vehicle needs.
DMV Clerks

Madison County DMV Staff

Back Row (Left - Right) - Amanda, Eileen, Christie, Gloria
Middle Row (Left - Right) - Carol, Sandy, Diana (Deputy Clerk)
Front - Denise

License Renewals- Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) and REAL ID.

With new requirements for identification looming and hundreds of thousands of licenses up for renewal this year, there’s an unnecessarily high level of confusion and anxiety for the public. The following is a breakdown of key information.

         1- Starting October 1, 2020, a standard New York Driver’s License will NO LONGER be sufficient for access to Federal Buildings or for boarding flights, neither international nor domestic (in country).

        2- Starting October 1, 2020, a REAL ID or an Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) will each be sufficient for proof of identification to gain access to a Federal Building. Either of these proofs of ID will also be sufficient to board domestic flights.

        3- The EDL is sufficient proof of identification to travel into the US from Canada or Mexico.

        4- There is no additional cost for a REAL ID if you ‘upgrade’ within 30 days prior to the expiration of your current license.

        5- The EDL bears a fee of $30.00 in addition to the standard license fee of $64.50.

        6- Each of these ‘upgraded’ forms of identification require additional proofs of identification as follows:

                       a. Original Birth Certificate or Valid Passport

                       b. Original Social Security Cards or W2, 1099

                       c. Proof of names changes , if name is different than Birth Certificate

                                            i. Marriage Certificates

                                           ii. Divorce Certificates

                       d. Proof of Residency- needs 2 proofs of living address

                                           i. One utility bill

                                          ii. Bank Statement

                                         iii. Voter registration notification card