Enhanced Driver License

New York States New Enhanced Driver License - A Smart Way to Travel
An enhanced driver license (EDL) issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles may be used for border crossings by land or sea between the US, Canada, Mexico and some Caribbean countries. An EDL cannot be used for air travel.

Additional Information

For more information please visit the NYS DMV EDL web page.


For frequently asked questions regarding EDL please see the NYS DMV EDL FAQ page.