𝘼𝒊𝙧 𝙌𝒖𝙖𝒍𝙞𝒕𝙮 𝘼𝒅𝙫𝒊𝙨𝒐𝙧𝒚!
The wildfires in Canada are still going, and the smoke is set to return to our area today. An Air Quality Health Advisory has been issued for today, June 29 for Madison County.
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓: Unhealthy! People with heart or lung disease, older adults, children and teens – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Avoid strenuous outdoor activities.
- Keep outdoor activities short.
- Consider moving physical activities indoors or rescheduling them.
Everyone else – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Choose less strenuous activities (like walking instead of running) so you don’t breathe as hard.
- Shorten the amount of time you are active outdoors.
- Be active outdoors when air quality is better.
Check current air quality to see if now is a good time for you to be active outdoors by going to www.airnow.gov
Also, you should keep windows and doors closed to prevent smoke from entering your home. Use air purifiers or air conditioning units with high-efficiency filters to improve indoor air quality if possible.
If you would like to receive notifications about health related news from Madison County Public Health sign up for our app: https://loom.ly/JRBByIw