Monday – 7:45 AM until 4:00 PM
Tuesday through Thursday – 7:45 AM until 5:00 PM
Friday - By appointment only
The office is closed on Federal holidays.
Show All Answers
The Madison County DMV office is located at 138 North Court Street in Wampsville, Building 4, 1st floor.
Please note: some online maps and GPS devices display the city as Canastota instead of Wampsville.
Map & directions.
Scheduling your road test for a NYS driving license is easy. Complete instructions are available at the NYS DMV website.
There is a $10 fee for up to two road tests.
Be sure to bring the following with you to the road test:
- photo learner permit
- glasses/contacts if needed
- original MV-278 - Pre-licensing Course Certificate or MV-285 - Driver Education Certificate
- if under 18, an MV-262 - Certification of Supervised Driving completed by you parent or guardian
- an adult driver 21 or over with a valid license to operate the test vehicle
- a vehicle to drive during the test with valid registration and inspection, clean and in good operating condition
If you are taking a motorcycle road test, you will also need the following:
- a properly operating, registered, and inspected motorcycle
- a properly operating, registered, and inspected motor vehicle and a driver with a valid driver license to transport the examiner during you road test.