How do I find out more about exemptions?

If you want to know what exemptions are on your property, you may call either your local Assessor or the Madison County Office of Real Property Tax Services. If you would like to apply for an exemption, forms are available on the NYS Department of Taxation and Finance (link is external) website. For information about how to complete a form, contact your local Assessor. All forms must arrive at your Assessor's office by 1 March for everyone except those living in the City of Oneida. City of Oneida forms must be in by 1 May.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out if my taxes are paid?
2. How do I find out more about exemptions?
3. What do I do if the tax map doesn't reflect what I think my property boundaries are?
4. Who do I talk to when I sell / buy / change my property?
5. What if I don't understand how my property was assessed?
6. What if I don't agree with my assessment?
7. When is the next Madison County land auction?