Who do I talk to when I sell / buy / change my property?

In general, the Real Property office provides assistance in understanding how land taxes apply to your property and maintains a listing of property ownership based on records filed with the Madison County Clerk's Office. The Real Property and Clerk's offices cannot provide legal assistance or perform surveys of a property as these activities are governed by NYS legal certification requirements. If you have questions about transferring property, you should contact an attorney practicing in NYS. For questions regarding your property boundaries or for modifying your property, you should contact a NYS licensed Surveyor. If you have general questions about subdividing your property and what is acceptable, contact your town office and ask for the Planning Department.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out if my taxes are paid?
2. How do I find out more about exemptions?
3. What do I do if the tax map doesn't reflect what I think my property boundaries are?
4. Who do I talk to when I sell / buy / change my property?
5. What if I don't understand how my property was assessed?
6. What if I don't agree with my assessment?
7. When is the next Madison County land auction?