Absentee Information & forms
Qualifications for Absentee Voting
- unavoidably absent from your county or, if a resident of the city of New York absent from said city, on Election Day;
- unable to appear at the polls due to illness or disability;
- duties related to primary care of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled;
- a patient in a Veterans’ Administration Hospital;
- detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony;
There are several types of absentee voter applications. Click on the links below to print the absentee application that will meet your need.
MILITARY- Members of the Armed Forces and their dependents.
REGULAR - Voters who are out of the County, or will be ill on Election Day or Primary Day.
PERMANENTLY DISABLED - These voters are on a permanent list and receive a ballot for each election they are eligible for.
SPECIAL FEDERAL - U. S. citizens living abroad whose last U. S. address was in Madison County are only allowed to vote for Federal Offices. These include President, Vice President, U. S. Senator, and Congress.
Additional Information on Military & Special Federal Voters
Absentee Voter information Brochure
Military and Oversea Voter Empowerment MOVE act information
Federal Voting Assistance Program