Madison County Community Survey - Take Our Survey!
“Through the Success Planning process, we are working to focus our efforts on delivering high quality services while also providing value to the taxpayers of Madison County,” Chairman Becker said.
According to Chairman Becker, the Success Plan will be comprised of three key integrated areas of focus: The first outlines specific goals that define success for the year for Madison County; the second is an Operating Plan detailing the work to achieve the goals; and the third is a quarterly performance scorecard that will measure success in achieving the goals.
“We want the Success Planning process to be very open and collaborative,” Chairman Becker said. “Our Steering Committee will represent voices from Madison County’s business, education, health care and non-profit communities, as well as men and women from various departments within Madison County.”
In addition, Madison County residents will have the opportunity to contribute to the planning process through focus groups that will be conducted in February and a public input survey. The survey is now accessible on the County’s website (www.MadisonCounty.ny.gov) and at various locations across the County including libraries, the Department of Motor Vehicles office, Town Halls, and the County Office Building.
Members of the Success Plan Steering Committee include:
· Mark Scimone, Madison County Administrator
· Pete Walrod, Supervisor, Town of Georgetown
· Joseph Magliocca, Supervisor, City of Oneida
· Eric Faisst, Director, Madison County Public Health Department
· Teisha Cook, Director, Madison County Mental Health Department
· Althea Barney, Probation Supervisor, Madison County Probation Department
· Wally Fallon, Senior Highway Crew Supervisor, Madison County Highway Department
· Mary Burkett, Senior Motor Vehicle Representative, Madison County DMV
· Betsy Kennedy, Director, Cazenovia Public Library
· Melissa Spicer, CEO, Clear Path for Veterans
· Kipp Hicks, Executive Director, Madison County Industrial Development Agency
· Ronald Chesbrough, Ph.D., President, Cazenovia College
· June Clarke, Superintendent of Schools, Canastota Central School District
· John Clute, Mayor, Village of Wampsville
“The Success Plan and performance scorecard will be shared with the community so it will be easy for residents to see what the goals are, what the plan is to achieve the goals, and what grade we are scoring on our work to achieve the goals,” County Administrator Scimone said. “The entire process is collaborative and provides the community with an opportunity to see the blueprint we will be following to provide best in class service and value our community.”
Madison County has hired TransPro Consulting, a national public sector management company, to help guide Success Plan development.
Work on the Success Plan will take place over the next several months and will be presented to the Madison County Board of Supervisors for adoption in June.
Public Information News:
Copyright 2014 Madison County, NY