Scheduling your road test for a NYS driving license is easy. Complete instructions are available at the NYS DMV website.
There is a $10 fee for up to two road tests.
Be sure to bring the following with you to the road test:
- photo learner permit
- glasses/contacts if needed
- original MV-278 - Pre-licensing Course Certificate or MV-285 - Driver Education Certificate
- if under 18, an MV-262 - Certification of Supervised Driving completed by you parent or guardian
- an adult driver 21 or over with a valid license to operate the test vehicle
- a vehicle to drive during the test with valid registration and inspection, clean and in good operating condition
If you are taking a motorcycle road test, you will also need the following:
- a properly operating, registered, and inspected motorcycle
- a properly operating, registered, and inspected motor vehicle and a driver with a valid driver license to transport the examiner during you road test.