Accessible Absentee Ballot Application
If you are visually impaired or otherwise have a disability such that your disability requires you to use a special accessible absentee ballot that can be read by a screen reader, you have two accessible options to request such a ballot on this page, either using the Accessible Electronic Ballot Application orApplication Portal.
If you cannot affirm that you are visually impaired or otherwise disabled, you must request a regular absentee ballot using the regular application or portal linked above.
Voters using the accessible absentee ballot system in need of printing services in order to print their ballot can access such services at certain public printing resources, including but not limited to, libraries, print stores, shipping stores, and office supply stores. Voters should contact their local printing resources for details on the printing services offered.
When is the application due?
You must apply online, postmark, email or fax a completed application or letter request for the Absentee ballot no later than 7 days before the election. You may apply in-person up to the day before the election. You may file an application at any time before the deadlines, but ballots will be mailed out about 45 days prior to Election Day.
How to Cast an Absentee Ballot
- Once your receive the ballot, mark the ballot according to your choices for each office following the instructions on the ballot
- Once you have completed marking your ballot fold it up and place it in the Security Envelope. (This envelope will have a place for your signature.)
- Sign and date the outside of the Security/Oath Envelope.
- Seal the Security/Oath Envelope.
- Place the Security Envelope in the Postage Paid Return Envelope. (This envelope will have the return address of Madison County Board of Elections on the outside and should have a logo that reads, “Official Election Mail”)
- Seal the Return Envelope.
- You may return the ballot in any of the following ways:
- Put it in the mail ensuring it receives a postmark no later than Election Day.
- Bringing it to the County Board of Elections Office no later than 9pm of Election Day, .
- Bringing it to an early voting poll site during their respective open dates and times.
- Bringing it to a poll site in Madison County on Election Day by 9pm.