Party Change

How to Change Your Party Enrollment

First -Obtain a new Registration form by one of the methods listed below and select the party enrollment of your choice.  

     1. Download this Registration form (Please note form must be printed        on Legal-size paper (8.5X14  Inch Paper)   
     2. Complete Online complete (fastest method)
     3. Stop at your local  Library or Post office for a form
     4. Call our office at 315-366-2231 or stop into our office 

(Please complete the entire form)
Second submit the form to the Board of Elections either in person, by mail.  We can not accept fax, email  or scanned copies as we need an original signature to process this form. If you use the above Online  method- you're all set.  


Feb 14th - the Board of Elections  must receive before the February 14 cut-off.

All party changes received February 15th thru July 5th  will be effective July 5th and processed on or after July 5th

All registered voters with a party enrollment change will receive a new card in the mail once the enrollment change is effective.

NYS Election Law 5-304 (see below) prevents voters from strategically changing parties with the sole intention of adversely affecting outcomes in a party’s primary election. This law has been upheld by state and federal courts.