If you are a Madison County resident you do not need an appointment to come to the Wampsville DMV. If you are an out of county resident please make an appointment OR send the following to PO Box 667 Wampsville, NY 13163 OR put it in our 24/7 BLUE drop box in the parking lot.
1) A photo copy of your driver’s license with your phone number
2) A completed MV-82 (sections 1,2,4 and sign section 6), Complete page three for payment.
3) DTF 802(Sections 1, 2, 3, & 5)
4) Bill of Sale
5) The actual signed transferrable registration, signed by the seller with your name written as the purchaser. (Not a copy)
6) If you want the plates mailed instead of coming out to pick them up, include $5 for postage.
7) If it is an automobile and not a trailer or camper, a copy of your insurance card.
Please put these items in an envelope with your name and phone number on the envelope.