Election Inspector Info
Inspector Training Videos
Are you interested in becoming an Election Day Inspector? Madison County hires more than 200 inspectors for each election. Applicants must be a registered voter in Madison County (17 years or older), a member of either the Republican or Democratic Party, and enjoy people and service to others.
- Election Inspector Pamphlet
- Election Inspector Application
Inspector Training classes are scheduled from June through October. Classes are at the Madison County Board of Elections, Building Number 4, first floor next to the DMV in Wampsville and on August first and second at SUNY Morrisville.
To sign up for a training class call our office at 315-366-2231
Resources for Election Inspectors
Thank you for your willingness to serve as Election inspectors and your commitment to the electoral process. Here you will find some tools that will assist you in your journey. All of the material will be addressed in class, these links are meant to serve as a refresher if needed.
- The Inspector training manual covers the policies and procedures needed for election day. From opening to closing this booklet offers the answer to your question
- The Imagecast inspector manual covers the operating the ImageCast Voting System, Paper Ballot Voting Procedures and Ballot Marking Device Guide. The additional attachment reviews how an inspector will assist a voter that would like to review their ballot prior to casting their ballot.
- Inspectors are required to ensure security of the ballots and voting machines. The attached are the forms that are required to be filled out at the beginning and end of the day.