The Family Planning Benefit Program (FPBP) is a program geared toward individuals who:
- Are of child bearing age
- Are permanent residents of New York State
- Are teens (under age 21) whose own income is at or below 200% FPL(Federal Poverty Level) and unable to provide parents income information
- Have a family income at or below 223% of the FPL
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency contraception
- FDA approved birth control methods/supplies
- Preconception counseling
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Reproductive health history and physical exam
Eligibility extends to those who may not be eligible for MA or waive their right to this program. No resource test, AFIS, photo ID, drug and alcohol or child support requirements are necessary. You can apply through the New York State of Health Exchange or through Planned Parenthood 315-363-3950.
Common Benefit Identification Card
If you are eligible for the Family Planning Benefit Program, you will receive a Common Benefit Identification Card (CBIC) if you do not already have one. This must be used each time you need covered Family Planning services. Recipient co-pays are not required for covered Family Planning services. Family Planning Benefit Program recipients are exempt from Managed Care Health Insurance Plan enrollment.